Chiropractor's Blend Advanced Berberine Maximum Strength
1200mg per Serving
All Natural Advanced Berberine Maximum Strength!
- Powerful Antioxidant!
- Promotes Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
- Supports Cholesterol levels
- Can Help Decrease Blood Pressure
- Helps Reduce Body Weight/Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Studies also show that berberine reduces cholesterol and triglyceride levels, while raising HDL (the “good”) cholesterol. It may lower the risk of heart disease in the long-term.
Berberine is a compound found in several plants including European barberry, goldenseal, goldthread, greater celandine, Oregon grape, phellodendron, and tree turmeric. It has a long history of use in traditional Chinese medicine.
Berberine has been shown to be helpful in supporting healthy blood sugar levels, cholesterol levels, blood pressure and body weight/Body Mass Index (BMI).
One of the main actions of berberine is to activate an enzyme inside cells called AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK), sometimes referred to as a “metabolic master switch”. AMPK is found in the cells of various organs, including the liver, kidney, heart, muscles, and brain. This enzyme plays a major role in regulating metabolism.
Many studies show that berberine can significantly reduce blood sugar, since it appears that it;
- Increases glycolysis, helping the body break down sugars inside cells.
- Decreases insulin resistance, making the blood sugar lowering hormone insulin more effective.
- Increases the number of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- Slows the breakdown of carbohydrates in the gut.
Further, in a 12-week study in obese individuals, 500 mg taken three times per day caused about 5 pounds of weight loss, on average. The participants also lost 3.6% of their body fat. Another more impressive study was conducted in 37 men and women with metabolic syndrome. This study went on for 3 months, and the participants took 300 mg, 3 times per day. The participants dropped their body mass index (BMI) levels from 31.5 to 27.4, or from obese to overweight in only 3 months. They also lost belly fat and improved many health markers.